COVID-19 OFFICE UPDATE
Mount Royal Dental is Re Opening:
What We Want You to Know
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always exceeded OSHA and CDC guidelines for infection control; however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing social distancing. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment If we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you.
- For patients who are at higher risk for complications from COVID-19, we have designated specific appointment times available by request.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- We removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office and any person accompanying them.
- We require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every patient and chaperone upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- Payment options to allow minimal or contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces before patients.
- Ambient are management utilizing UV-C light and HEPA filtration in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched.
- Careful handling and disinfecting when possible of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up visits when possible or communication that can be done online or via tele communication.
What We Are Asking of You
Please reschedule if you answer yes to any of the following pre-screening questions:
- Do you or have you had any flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?(cough, shortness of breath) or at least two of these symptoms: fever, chills, repeated shaking, fatigue, muscle aches, vomiting, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Are you awaiting results of a lab test for COVID-19?
- Have you or a family member been previously asked to self-isolate or self-quarantine in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to a region with high rates of COVID-19 activity?
Inform us if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past and the date of the result.
Please come alone to your appointment unless an essential caregiver is necessary. Anyone in the dental office will be asked to wear a mask.
Please call and check in from your car. We ask that you remain in your car until we call you to meet us at the front door.
Thank you for your patience while we are reopening at about 50% capacity. Doing so will allow for safe social distancing and give our team time to adjust to new equipment and procedures. We will be prioritizing more urgent dental needs and appreciate your understanding while we do our best to see all of our patients in a timely and safe manner.